Tuesday 23 December 2014

Jerry Weinberg - Q2

Q2.  You've probably written more books than I've read in my lifetime ... and, as far as I know, none of them have been specifically about testing. Why this book, now?  Does the software development world really need another book on testing?

The software development world definitely needs THIS book on testing. I've written it now because I've grown almost fatally tired of dealing with clients who have all sorts of cuckoo ideas about testing. Reviews have already ordered multiple copies of the book to give to their managers, customers, developers, and testers. It's short and hopefully easy to read by non-techies. It's time we cleared up these recurrent fallacies if we want to our profession to progress. That's why I wrote the book now.

And, BTW, I've written about testing in every software book I've published, but people have been asking me to bring lots of material together in one place. This book is not a compendium of what I've already written, but more of a deeper analysis behind all of those things written by me and a bunch of wise commentators. I intend it as a must-read for everyone connected with computing in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment