Tuesday 23 December 2014

Q6 and Q7 - Johanna Rothman

Q6) What's the most fun you have in your job?

I love all of the consulting, teaching, and writing that's part of my job now. I love meeting all these people all over the world. I love doing assessments, and seeing how people are actually working. Writing about that so the leadership can choose to change--that's a challenge and I do enjoy it. I get a kick out of teaching and helping people learn new approaches. I really enjoy all the other consulting too: facilitating a retrospective or strategic planning or portfolio gathering and evaluation--helping people see what to do and helping them be successful--is such a blast. Writing is a different kind of fun. Most often, writing is solitary, so I enjoy it, but sometimes I wrestle with my brain to get the words out :-) When I do succeed, I feel great.

Q7) What's the least enjoyable part of your job?

It's sometimes difficult to help the accounting people at my clients live up to the terms we agreed upon at the beginning of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment