Tuesday 23 December 2014

Q1 - Johanna Rothman

Today I kick off a series of questions and answers with another big-hitting agile thinker Johanna Rothman.   Johanna has recently published the excellent Manage It! and she'll be giving away a copy as we near the end of the questions.  She also writes one of my favourite blogs.

Q1: Hi Johanna, I know you mostly through your (excellent) blog and your other writing.  Could you please tell us a little more about yourself - both personally and professionally?

Okay, this is a tougher question than it should be :-)

Personally, I'm married to a wonderful guy who can actually fix stuff around the house. When I "help," he always asks me if I've read step 2, because I tend to gloss over some of the early details in my impatience to get to the meat of the problem. We have 2 daughters, 19 and 15. I no longer know anything about small children, but I know a lot about teenagers :-)

Professionally, I have a BS in Computer Science and an MS in Systems Engineering. For you BAs, that MS is about how to develop systems, not how to write requirements. I started working professionally in 1977 as a developer. About 8 years later, I became a tester for a couple of  years, and then focused on project management, program management, and people management. I write code for fun still, but it's definitely not production quality code. I started my consulting business Labor Day of 1994. (For my non-US readers, that's early September, 1994.)

No comments:

Post a Comment